Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Turn Your Head Around"

I was sitting here checking my email and checking out an exhibit on-line that I might take the kids to tomorrow and I hear my littlest one, Brady, say, "Mom, turn your head around."  His language has gotten quite good.  He was on my bed jumping up and down with his super powers ring on his finger (another post) and his kid's K'NEX Elmo in his other hand.  I had been saying, "uh-huh" to everything he was telling me.  He needed my full attention.  He didn't want me to just pretend.  He wanted to show how he could plop backwards during his super hero play.  

Turn your head around.  Be present.  Connect.  Powerful message.  Thanks, Brady.

Just a few pictures of my kids this week.
Brayden and Kalen at the park on Sunday.


Here is Julian with one of his birthday meals he choose for Sunday lunch.  We had sushi with sweet potatoes, tofu, avocado and rice.


This is super silly Maddie.  She can be quite funny.  Yes, that is a diaper on her head.  

1 comment:

none said...

That is a powerful message!

The superhero thing is so cute. My kids do it too. Sometimes name each others powers. Sometimes they have as many powers as their age(they switch it sometimes too to make it fair)

It's amazing what you can learn about a child from how they play and how they play with others.