Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Creatures We Saw (Eno Part 2)

We saw several snakes, a turtle, a clam, and several birds when we went to the Eno River yesterday.  There's nothing like running across snakes in nature.  It makes me wonder how many times we are walking near them and don't even know it.  We would love help identifying these amazing creatures below.  

Do you see the big greenish-gray snake on these broken branches?  It totally freaked me out because I was taking a picture of the turtle and Scott told me I was standing right by this amazing snake.



7 comments:

TS said...

That snake gives me the willies!

Jen said...

Okay so I love to hike but I definitely think that it was a good thing that Scott told you about the snake AFTER you took the picture. That is a really big snake!!

laurie said...

I can't believe the size of that first snake..my goodness! looks like ya'll really enjoyed each other and nature that day.

Jennifer said...

OK, you would have lost me after that first snake, I have the willies just looking at it!

The Presnell's said...

I would hav dropped my camera and ran. Every man for himself right? Or herself. :0 Love you pictures!

TS said...

Did you ever find out what type of snake that was. I showed Dave and he said it looked like a cottonmouth... YIKES!

The Presnell's said...

I looked at snakes and I am pretty sure this is a brown water snake. Not venemous. Now they look like cottonmouths, so....it could be either or. Thank goodness you weren't bitten!