Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Cheerleader

I was a cheerleader in grade school. I have always loved the act of spurring others on. I love the whole spirit of joy and love that is wrapped up in building confidence in other people.

I am learning every day how important it is to be a cheerleader and give praise in my home. My husband needs me to be his biggest cheerleader, as well as my children. I get so caught up in the daily tasks, homeschooling and disciplining and forget to verbally tell my kids and hubby how crazy I am about them and praise them for all the things I notice in them.

I know how good it feels and how life giving it is to receive words of praise from my husband, my mom, my friends, my in-laws and others in my life. It truly lights up my life. We all need it. Each of us needs to know that we are thought of, appreciated, noticed, and loved.

I remember reading a list from my book, Being a Great Mom, Raising Great Kids, by Sharon Jaynes, and I wanted to pass along some cheery things to say when encouraging those we love.

Cheers You Should Know
__________________________

* Good Job!
* I'm so glad you're my son (daughter).
* I like you.
* I love you.
* That was really great!
* You played that song beautifully.
* You're a great friend.
* You'll make a wonderful wife (husband) some day.
* Thanks for cleaning your room.
* You're so strong!
* I can always count on you.
* I trust you.
* You're God's special gift to me.
* You light up my day.
* I missed having you around today.
* You're such a good helper.
* I am proud of you!
* Way to go! I knew you could do it!
* God made a masterpiece when He made you.
* You're such a treasure.
* You're one of God's greatest gifts to me.
* I'm behind you.
* I'm praying for you.
* That was so responsible.
* You're a joy.
* That was so creative.
* Hurray for you!
* Thank you.

4 comments:

TS said...

Or remember...

Good Job, Good Job XX

C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E

That's alright, that's ok, shake it off, shake it off.

Don't get me started! I don't think the cheerleader in you ever goes away. Many times I find myself breaking into cheers in my head.

Hee hee

mandy said...

anna, it was so great to see your comment on my blog. i definitely remember you and scott. when we stayed with you all i think you only had one kiddo and we were expecting our first. oh, how God has grown each of our homes. thanks so much for the sweet reminder of being the cheerleader of the home! one of my favorite things to tell my kids is, "you made my smile come up". thanks again!

laurie said...

thanks for being one of my cheerleaders!

xoxo

Unknown said...

thanks for being one of my cheerleaders, too. you're the best annie.