Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Stay Close

Be near me, Lord Jesus
I ask Thee to stay 
Close by me forever
And love me I pray 

Bless all the dear children
In thy tender care
And fit us for heaven 
To live with Thee there 


*This is my favorite verse of any hymn that I know.  It is such a sweet prayer within the song Away in a Manger, composed by William Kirkpatrick in 1895.  The author of this beautiful and classic Christmas hymn, is still unknown.  

As we have enjoyed a morning of Christmas fun together, just the six of us, I have had these lyrics in my mind throughout.  I will share photos and stories soon of our family celebrating Christmas.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Anna,
Merry Christmas to your sweet, darling family! I have enjoyed a lovely evening catching up on your family via your blog. You are not only an amazingly faithful Child of God, wife, and mother, but you are are incredibly faithful at updating your blog. WOW! Happy Anniversary as well! Someone should really write a book or a screen play based on you and Scott. You truly have one of the best love stories ever; very real, pure, and God's fingerprints are all over it! Please call or e-mail soon. I would LOVE to catch up.
Love you, sweet friend! Gretchen