Sunday, December 16, 2007

Raw Lunch








The other day I decided to do a super healthy lunch. I didn't prep the kids for it at all. They came parading into the dining room where I had several dishes of different fruits and veggies laid out. I also had pita bread cut in triangles and some homemade hummus. We have had lunches like this before, but the kid's response to it has not always been positive.

It was music to my ears when Madelyn, Julian and Kalen were oohing and aaaahing as they came to the table. They loved it! It just goes to show that I have to keep exposing the kids to the good things in life, over and over until they are in agreement with me.

I have the hummus recipe here. It was passed on by my dear friend, Katie Gasaway.

Edamane Hummus
_______________________

1 1/2 c frozen shelled edamane beans
4 t extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground cumin
1/4 t ground coriander
2 garlic cloves (X 2 if jarred)
1/2 c fresh flat-leafed parsley
3 T tahini
3 T water
3 T lemon juice

Put everything in food processor or blinder (beans still frozen). Pulse until smooth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you fix double tomorrow & we'll come to your house?!? love it! we devoured some hummus this weekend- keep up the great work friend- your one of a kind friend & I'm so glad I get to know Anna Morrison.

will you send me an email- I can't find yours-i'm at the coffee shop now- till 9 if you get this... ...walters.clan@hotmail.com
thanks! MJW

Unknown said...

yummy:) We love hummus around here, too. I've been serving fruit at every meal lately, instead of a starch, which is a little different for us, but it's been so refreshing. The girls love it! Thanks for sharing the hummus recipe:)