Monday, December 31, 2007

Laugh Jar


A year or so ago I started collecting funny things that my kids had said.  I just wrote them on an index card with their name, the date and the context and dropped them in our designated Laugh Jar.  Tonight, December 31st, we had a little tea time to chat about 2007.  Scott and I read aloud the cards to celebrate 2007 in a fun way.  


A couple examples:

"Mommy, just the tippers," Kalen said.  He said this after I told him and Julian they could put their fingertips into the pancake batter to taste.

"I got me some pumpers," Kalen exclaimed as he put some balls in his shirt and pointed at my chest.  

"I know why they give you popsicles when you have a baby.  Because you cry a lot and they give you them to make you more happy," Madelyn said.  She said this just last March as we talked about Brayden's birth and his first birthday coming soon.

Julian said, "Something stinks.  I think it is my socks."  

Sometime soon I will put those little sayings in a photo album kept just for this.  I read about this idea in a magazine a couple of years ago.  It is easy and I think it will be a sweet tradition for our family. 

4 comments:

Angela said...

What a neat idea! We'll probably try this one... :-)

Angela

www.homeschoolblogger.com/thomasjaz1999

laurie said...

I just love this idea....once again I'm gleaning from your great ideas as a mom...I just love you Anna! What a fun thing to do on New Year's Eve. THanks also for sharing "What God is Teaching You"
You are the best!

jbro said...

Hi old friend,
It is such a delight to read your blogs. After checking Em's I usually swing by to see what the Morrison's are up to. You all look fabulous and incredibly happy. I always knew you were a great wife and mom but it is so nice to hear your perspective and see your beautiful family in all your pictures.

Shanda looks fabulous, please tell her I send my love. I hope you are all well and enjoying the rest of this Holiday season.

Kallie said...

This is an awesome idea! What a fun way to reflect on the year! I am definitely going to use this with my family!