Monday, May 25, 2009

Pool Days Begin

Thanks to our parents, we are now members of our neighborhood pool.  The pool opened on Saturday and we have gone every day since.  I have four new meteorologists in my home now.  I now get full weather reports every hour.  They really know how to butter me up as well.  Just this morning, they were extremely eager to get their chores and school work done before going.  

We have a wonderful clubhouse, tennis courts and fitness room we get to enjoy as well.  We are so thankful to have the luxury of using all these amenities.  So, you know where we will be the majority of the summer.  

I took the kids around 11:30 am today.  We stayed for about 2 hrs.  I felt really comfortable doing it by myself today.  Scott had come with me twice before.  I also got some helpful tips from my sister-in-law, Stephanie.  She takes my niece and nephew frequently to her pool in High Point.  It takes quite an effort to get to and from the pool.  Once we are there it isn't as nerve racking as I thought.  The kids are at great ages to really enjoy being there.  It helps that the shallow part is 2ft then 3ft.  I am really proud of how our kids can get around.  None of them have totally got the swimming thing yet, but I think they are close.  There for a moment, I just looked at all of them in amazement.  How did we get this far, so fast?  I am a proud mama.  Being there at the pool with them is going to be good for my relationship with my kids.  At home, it is easy to get busy with laundry, meals, emails, schooling and whatever.  At the pool, we just hang out and play.  What better togetherness could there be?  

The following pictures were taken this past Saturday.





This taken just after this . . .

Madelyn posing for me.  We got their new suits from Lands End (Sears) this year.  The swim shirts are great and totally worth getting.  They were 30% a week or so ago.  




Brayden has fallen asleep during bedtime stories each night.  Just can't hold out on these fun filled pool days.  

4 comments:

Laura said...

oh how fun! i LOVE that this is the activity for the summer. what great memories yall are making together. soak it up, friend!

The Presnell's said...

How nice to have all that within a walking distance away!! Very cool!!! :) Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pool days. I remember them well. What a blast.
Daniel

Mama Teaching 3 said...

We love pool time here, too. Sweet little one falling asleep because he is all tuckered out after a long day at the pool. :) The slide looks fun.