Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vintage Dress Up Party

My Tuesday night girls got together this week and headed to a local designer's shop to have a shopping party.  Jamie Powell allowed us to come and check out all her wholesale and retail vintage clothes for women and men.  You can find Powell's stuff here at Revamp.  She had racks and racks of shirts, dresses, coats, and skirts.  She also had some vintage belts and scarves.  Jamie takes some of the vintage apparel and designs her own clothes to sell.  

Devon, Andrea, Kris, Nellie, Rebecca, Lauren and I had a ball trying on clothes, chatting and laughing.  This was serious girl time.  I think Madelyn was pretty jealous when I left that night to go out with the girls.  She couldn't believe that, as a thirty-something, I could go to a dress-up party.

I came home with three skirts.  They are totally me.  Jamie said we could come back whenever we want.  We all agreed that we definitely would.  

Devon with one of the racks of vintage dresses.

What do you think?  I liked it, but didn't go for it.  There were loops made for a belt and I am not a big belt person.  I had fun prancing around in it though. 

Devon bought this one.  We all thought it suited her.  She is an artist and mother of two.  

She can put anything together and pull it off.  

Here's Nellie in a sweet pink satin dress clearly from the 70's.

Andrea said she felt too much like Laura Ingalls in this one.  I thought she looked cute.  


Nice, right?  Ha aha ha.  I think this is one of those square dancing dresses.  So funny.

Nellie bought this gorgeous dress minus the belt.  She is very tall and the length is perfect.  She is considering cutting the bottom off (remember this is a sewing and crafty bunch).  She didn't know how much she liked the ruffle look at the bottom.  

Andrea found this cute dress and bought it.  It fit her so well.  She said all she needed now was a stewardess name tag.  She said she was going to wear some red pumps with it.  

We went half the night without noticing the box full of vintage scarves for a dollar each.  We had some fun rummaging through them.  Devon and I chose these two.  I bought Madelyn a pinkish peach one. 


Down below are the skirts I picked out.



Madelyn modeling her new scarf.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that blue strawberry skirt is my Mom's! Looks like you had a blast, there is nothing like going out with the girls and finding a good deal what could be better!

TS said...

Looks like way too much fun. Love the skirts!