Friday, January 23, 2009

Bag Is Packed

In 45 minutes I will be leaving for 2 days away.  I am attending a Whole Heart Conference in Charlotte with my friend, Lisa.  This is a little about the conference from their website:

A two-day church retreat designed especially for Christian mothers, now in its 11th year of ministering to moms. In this time of faith-challenging uncertainty, Sally's heart is to give moms the ability to "smile at the future" like the Proverbs 31 mother. You’ll be strengthened and encouraged for the life of trust and faith to which God has called you in raising wholehearted children at home. The retreat also includes inspiring guest speakers, practical workshops, inspirational worship, a light boxed lunch, book tables, and more.  

Needless to say, I am excited and hopeful.  I have read several of Sally Clarkson's books.  If you are a mom that doesn't know about her, check her blog and books out.

I must say though, packing for one instead of six is a little strange.  I love being with my family.  I prefer being home.  Conferences like the one I am attending are not necessary, but indeed a treat.  When I told Scott about this conference, he was like, "why haven't you signed up yet?"  He knows I dig Sally Clarkson.  He'll be holding down the fort while I am gone.  What a gift to have a husband that enjoys being with his kids and knows how to give to his wife.  


1 comment:

Laura said...

oh fun! have a great time! i think mandy is at the same conference, right? hope it is encouraging!!