Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kindness

I wrote about kindness the other day, right?  Well, it seems that kindness paid a visit this week to our home.  I got an email from a friend of our family at the beginning of the week.  He was thanking me for watching his girls on some Saturdays and Sundays that he has gone to play with Scott on their soccer team.  He and his wife have two adorable girls.  He also told me that he and his wife would love to bring their family over and watch our kids while we went out for the evening.  What a treat!  I was so taken by this family's willingness to show such kindness to us.  I never expected to have kindness returned to me in a sweet way.  What a gift!

They came over last night and Scott and I went out for almost 3 hours!  It was awesome!  We got some dinner and used some movie tickets that we had been given and saw the movie Doubt.  The movie was very good.  The acting was amazing.  Scott and I love food and movies.  We came home smiling ear to ear and the kids had a blast with Beth and Bradley's family.  
 
Scott took the kids to the library this past weekend.  He picked up a book that is all about kindness.  It is entitled The Spiffiest Giant in Town.  George the giant, known for wearing his old patched clothes, finally buys new ones, but then gives them away to some needy animals.  Check out this book for your kids, it will bless your socks off.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna -- Thanks for the book recommendation. I love hearing about what books other families are reading. Your blog is encouraging to me!