Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Cup Is Full

I had an amazing time away at the Whole Heart Conference.  What a treat to travel with my sweet friend, Lisa.  I enjoyed our long chats, stopping for some lunch and an uninterrupted adult conversation.  :)   

Upon arriving, I saw a very familiar face entering the church.  One of my best buddies, Amanda, was stepping in for a weekend of encouragement as well.  I thought she may be going, but wasn't sure.  She was so surprised to see me.  She had a friend, Karin, with her that Lisa and I were able to get to know.  Sweet fellowship!

We listened to Sarah Clarkson, Sally Clarkson, Zan Tyler, Sandra Maddox and Racheal Carman. Each of them had a life giving lesson for each of us.  They mentioned: 
faith
ideals
joy
smiling
grace
fear
embracing
loving
surrendering
holiness
beauty
serving
reading
shaping
trust
offering
forgiveness
compassion
subdue
heart
bitterness
ministry
mundane
holy
encourage
significance
perseverance
guilt
perfection
stories
expectations
refinement
guardians
nurturing

As you can see, I have a lot to process and be sharpened by.  The whole conference and company I was in, blessed my socks off.  I am extremely thankful for the Clarkson family's passion for encouraging and uplifting mothers and family.  I am on a "mommy high" right now.  I have been surrounded by 200 other moms this weekend and fed encouragement, life giving messages, scripture, prayer, humor, lots of chats, coffee and good food.  

I am grateful for my family that continued on here at home and seemingly didn't miss me.  No, just kidding.  I was getting Brayden out of the tub tonight and told him that I missed him while I was away.  He said, "I luz you come home."  That is Brayden for I love you and glad you are home.  This is where I belong.  Home is where my heart is.   

Karin, Amanda, Sally Clarkson, myself, and Lisa


This is Lisa.  She has a family that she knows in Charlotte.  That sweet and accomodating family allowed Lisa and I to stay with them.  We had a great time together; eating, talking, laughing, eating some more, and talking some more.  I am so delighted to have this homeschooling mommy friend to confide in, relate to, be weak and strong with.  What an amazing friend.


Here I am with Amanda, always such a treat.


Amanda and Karin

3 comments:

laurie said...

Your conference sounds completely uplifting. Glad you wee able to get away in be enriched.

and yes to getting my hair cut, another 4 inches. It's fun and refreshing.

love you

Karin said...

So fun to see the pics you took Anna!! I am so glad to be settling back into my homelife after such an amazing time away too. Blessings to your family!

Kristen said...

Thanks for showing us these pictures Anna! And Karin...I am officially inviting you over for coffee so we can go over your notes from the conference!