Monday, January 26, 2009

A Burger

I just had the most fascinating conversation with Brayden.  Let me replay it for you . . .

(during a dreaded stinky diaper change)
Brayden~ Yesterday, I saw a burger.
Mommy~ (remembering he says burger instead of booger) A booger?
Brayden~ Yes.
Mommy~  Oh.  Well, where did you see it?
Brayden~ On my bed.
Mommy~  Ew, on your bed?
Brayden~ Yes.
Mommy~ Yuck, Brady.  How did it get there?
Brayden~  I don't know.  
Mommy~  Well, what should we do?
Brayden~  Um.  I don't know.
Mommy~  Should we put it somewhere else?
Brayden~  Yes, up there.  
Mommy~  Where?
Brayden~  On the seeing (ceiling).  (giggle giggle)
Mommy~  No silly, we shouldn't put it up there.
(done with diaper change)
Brayden~  I show you, Momma. (pulls my hand to follow him to his bed)
Mommy~  Okay.
Brayden~  Um.  Uh.  It here somewhere.  EWW, MOMMA!  Here!
Mommy~  Oh gross, Brady.  This doesn't go here.  (giggle giggle)
Brayden~  Oh okay, Momma.  (okay with life, he walks away)
Mommy cleans up the burger.  

2 comments:

TS said...

Our work is never done. :) Love you sweet girl.

Jennifer said...

Love those conversations. That is the joy of motherhood!