Saturday, January 31, 2009

Brady

If you know anything about our Brayden, seeing Ellie sitting up on a shelf can't be good.  Our youngest little one has been going through some changes lately, one of which involves potty training.  He will be three in May, so I am pretty anxious to get him out of diapers.  This past week, Brayden and I began intentional potty training.  He has been pretty good about it.  One day he had a lot of accidents and that is when I resorted to his lovey, Ellie.  I told him that he needed to learn not to go pee or poo in his britches and until he started trying more, he couldn't have Ellie back.  This was on Saturday.  It was only a little over an hour later and after a pee in a public restroom, Ellie was in his possession.  You've never seen a sweeter smile and look of satisfaction.  So, when he poops his diaper or underwear, Ellie is mine until he can prove to me he is working on this.  


Here's Brady licking the pancake batter Saturday morning.


Brayden and Kalen paling around.  These two are quite a duo.



The above picture was taken weeks ago.  This was when Brayden would take a nap during the day and be up till 9  or 9:30 at night.  He would always go into Maddie's room.  She would just love on him and totally cater to his every want or need.  I caught them all tucked in together several nights.  One night I saw Madelyn putting hair clips in his hair.  :)  You can tell he is proud in this photo and not at all sleepy.

I have pretty much decided to let Brayden drop his nap.  Yes folks, that means NO NAPPERS!!  I am trying not to think about it too much.  My goodness, for almost nine years, I have had a sleeping child in the morning and/or afternoon.  Without his nap, Brayden is cranky around supper time and totally zonked by 7:15 or 7:30 pm.  This has been nice for the past few days.  I am sure there will be days that he may nap, but it won't be the norm anymore.
Last night at 7:45pm

Tonight at 7:30 pm, Brayden was sound asleep as Scott carried on his nightly reading with the kids on the couch.  

1 comment:

none said...

The pics are too sweet. Hang in there mom he'll get through the potty training soon. In the meantime it seems to work the best if whatever you do you stay consistant until they get the hang of it. Good luck! I always disliked potty training and I still have two more to train. Tidus is starting to show intrest, I don't think I'm ready though.