Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Can you believe this?

My troops and I had a fun afternoon at our local library. As we were walking to our van, Brayden was waving to an older gentlemen in his vehicle. The man kindly waved back. I said, "Hello." He said, "Hello," and, "Those ain't all your children are they?" I grinned and said, "Yes, all of them." As he shook his head he said, "Honey, I feel sorry for you." I gave no response, kept walking and put my kids in the van.

I do not know if my kids were paying a lot of attention to the man's remarks. I was quite surprised by his comment. I mean, "You don't look old enough to have all those kids" sometimes bothers me. I got that one yesterday. A lady told me I looked 18 and I look like their babysitter. It amazes me what some people say.

I am a proud mother of four children. Yes, it is hard but WELL worth it. Yes, I did marry young and I am proud of it. I found a keeper and I was able to keep him. I had my first baby when I was 21. Every two years after, up until 2006, I kept having little ones. I didn't realize it was so shocking to have several children close together when still young.

Having several children is a blessing far beyond measure. I do not want any pity because I appear to, as people say, "Have my hands full."

No comments: