Thursday, July 5, 2007

I think I hit a brick wall


I am so tired today. This is unlike me. I usually go and go and go. Even though I am not a morning person, I can handle less sleep than most. I just want to be up and experiencing all that my day has in store for me.

Today, I just feel so slow. I have had so much energy with this move and with our many transitions, I guess I have just reached a point where I need to stop and fill up my tank.

What are we to do when we feel especially tired? One of my pet peeves is laziness. I do not like the act of appearing not to have anything to do. I believe in rest and I believe we all need it. How do we get true rest though?

Today, I am hoping for some time to be quiet. I want to be gracious with myself and not expect the usual. I will continue to be honest with my kids and tell them that I am feeling tired and a little fussy. I have prayed and I will continue to. I intend on maybe reading from my Sally Clarkson book. I always derive a bit of encouragement from her in the area of mothering. I hope to make some baked potatoes for supper. Potatoes are a comfort food for me. I will let my kiddos have their regular thursday night movie night (how convenient). We will make popcorn and have ginger ale, some of my favorites. I will hopefully take a bath once they are in bed and then await my husband's arrival ( today is his long day).

I know even on my "down days" that I have hope. I know that I can help myself to think positively, give grace to myself and rely on the Lord and the life around me.

How do you find rest? I challenge you to seek it and fill your own tank.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have no fear. You're right on schedule:) This is to be expected. You're doing great, though. Hit it head on. If you start feeling uncomfortable with how long you feel this way, then reach out for some help. You're doing GREAT!!!

I must say, you have also encountered some pretty big hits with the crazy neighbor and the weirdo old man in the parking lot, and yet handled each situation with tremendous grace. Those things take a toll, though.

You are wise to be gracious with yourself. Take one day at a time.

much love,
em

TS said...

I think you are way over due for some girl time. When you get a chance, check out your calendar and let me know. We will be there in a hurry!

Hang in there kid - help in on the way.

By the way, we are getting old. I get so excited about household appliances. Who knew?

MUCH LOVE,

torie