Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update






It is Sunday evening. We had a wonderful weekend visiting with Scott's parents and sister. We had no grand agenda. We just enjoyed family time. For a quality time person like me, it was the perfect weekend.

We came back home and we had a message from Best Buy. Hooray, our camera has been healed! I took some photos and I am sharing them tonight. I thought I would give you all a little update about each one of us.

Scott just finished up with his assistantship for the summer. He will start back with his own classes in late August, as well as assisting another class. He is truly in his element these days. He feels really comfortable at Carolina. He has been reading a lot and trying to get use to his new life pursuing his dream. He picked up the final Harry Potter book this weekend. He has read all of them to date. He is reading his new book right now, totally hooked. He says he is going to read the series to us aloud. I can't wait! I know the kids will really enjoy it.

Julian is such a little man these days. He still loves to read. He has been enjoying getting back into a little bit more structured homeschooling. He loves to build things. He still enjoys his legos. He just recently built a tilt-a-whirl with K-Nex. He amazes us. Julian also really enjoys riding his bike. He does a wonderful job with it, very controlled. He can even do tricks!

Madelyn is learning to read. She is very committed to it. She is a hard worker within our home. She is learning to ride her bike without training wheels. We went on a long bike ride tonight and she did so well. Scott has been so sweet with her, right by her side helping. Maddie also has a new interest in music. She is testing out her skills on the recorder. She hopes to play the violin one day.

Kalen is doing great. He is full of life as always. Kalen is an aƧtive member of our homeschool. He is learning his letters and numbers. He loves to play computer. He is riding his new big boy bike very well and loves it. He has a lot to say and talks a lot. He is at the awkward stage, he is approaching the no nap era. EEK!!!!

Brayden is almost 15 months and still not wanting to walk. I am not concerned at all. Quite frankly, I am very pleased with his decision to hold off on this. He gets around just fine. He still loves to be held and read to. His elephant, Ellie, is always close at hand. He likes music a lot. Just like the rest of the kids, Brayden likes to be outside. He gives Madelyn and I good workout up and down the sidewalk. We push him in his little wagon.

Me? Oh, I am good. Still adjusting to city life. I miss Boone a lot. I miss knowing people. I even miss seeing the same faces at my old grocery stores, post office and library. I really do love our home here. I have enjoyed getting back into homeschooling the kids. I love summer. I like wearing flip flops. I love going on family bike rides at night. I like settling down at night with some Norah Jones or Alison Krauss, blogging, exercising, reading, and/or watching a movie with Scott. I won't lie, I feel lonely sometimes. Moving is hard on your social life. I know I will develop friendships, in Durham, over time. I must be patient. I am so glad that we are here so that Scott can go back to school. He has dreamed of this for so long.

Wow. That was long. I'll keep you posted (hee hee).

1 comment:

Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

Add Diana Krall Live in Paris to your listening list. It is great!