Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oh well

Isn't it a kicker that after taking a poll, both sides are even. Maybe that is just as well. Now, we can just cackle and grin as we see each other apply the smell goods, instead of raising an eyebrow.

People are different. Scott and I do things differently. I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle, he squeezes at the end. He likes to drink during a meal. I like to drink after.

The world wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same. The world would be stinky if they all applied deodorant like Scott. Oops, I mean . . . let's celebrate uniqueness! Hee hee. Actually, Scott smells very nice. Always has. Yes, I am giggling now.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

TS said...

This reminds me of a story I read from Billy Graham. It is so true. Please read:

Ruth and I don’t have a perfect marriage, but we have a great one. In a perfect marriage, everything is always the finest and best imaginable; like a Greek statue, the proportions are exact and the finish is unblemished. Who knows any human beings like that? For a married couple to expect perfection in each other is unrealistic. We learned that even before we married.
The unblemished ideal exists only in “happily ever after” fairy tales. I think that there is some merit to a description I once read of a married couple as “happily incompatible.” Ruth likes to say, “If two people agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary.” The sooner we accept that as a fact of life, the better we will be able to adjust to each other and enjoy togetherness. —Billy Graham