Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Okay


Today, I am telling myself that it's okay.  It is okay that I am still in my pjs.  It's okay that I have poop on my shirt that somehow leaked out of my sick son's diaper as I was changing him.  It is okay that I am sleep deprived functionally only by the power of caffeine and God's strength.  It is okay that I don't have a plan for lunch or dinner.  It is okay that my kids are not yet done with their school work, but are cuddling with little sick Brady and watching a Veggie Tale.  It is okay that the breakfast dishes are still on the counter and the clean dishes need to be emptied out of the dishwasher.  It is okay that I am not with my grandmother today even though my heart is there.  I keep telling myself that it is okay . . . it is going to be okay.


Life is messy.  We must give ourselves grace to get through each day.  God does.  

7 comments:

TS said...

Good attitude!

Love you!

Jen said...

Thanks Anna! I soooo needed that today :0)

Laura said...

absolutely. some days you just have to survive, and wake up to a fresh start. just prayed for grace and joy in the midst of the struggle. you are doing an awesome job. hang in there. hope Brady is feeling better . . .

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling better today. The girls have been a little under the weather too. Not too bad though. I think I might be coming down with something, YUCK! Drinking emergen-C, apple cider vinegar, and taking immune boosters...thinking of you:)

FreeK said...

God uses these moments in our lives to teach us endurance and patience. Praying you are growing in both...

TS said...

Off subject from your post, but I noticed you were reading the Secret Garden to Maddie. Do you remember reading this in the 6th grade in Mrs. Becky Smith's class. You were SUCH her pet! She hated when people clicked pens, and you always got away with it. Good mem. Love you Annie.

Kallie said...

Wow. That sounds like the story of MY life. I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't have it all perfectly together! Just know you aren't alone!!!