Saturday, October 25, 2008

Loving This

We are taking it all in.  Currently, we are at Scott's favorite coffee hot spot, Open Eye Cafe in Carrboro.  This is where he does a lot of reading and writing during the week.  I tell ya, this is a rough life.  Music in the background, rustic atmosphere, the smell of coffee and the room full of people doing what we are.  Almost everyone in here has a laptop out, coffee mug on the table and working away.  Scott is reading an article.  I just finished crocheting a baby hat and reading a magazine.  This is awesome!  I think I am going to do some homeschool planning now. 


You all like my new glasses?  We went for a little stroll down Franklin Street last night.  We stepped in this crazy little thrift shop.  Ever just wanted to buy something fun and kooky?  

Tonight we might take in a movie.  We don't do the movie theatre thing much.  When we do go, it is a real treat.  I think that is the way it should be.  

I miss the kids like crazy, but I am loving this time with Scott.  Sure do love this guy.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love you two! I love your glasses too - cute thing, you could make a paper bag look cool:)

I'm so glad your enjoying your alone time. Having the kids away for a few days really does give you an even greater appreciation for them, doesn't it?! I love that: alone time AND great appreciation for the little ones.

Give Scott a big hug and enjoy these sweet moments!!

much love,
em

laurie said...

Yeah for you two!!!!! I can't imagine all the different thoughts that have gone through your mind this weekend:-) I am so encouraged that the two of you made a little weekend for yourself....long awaited I'm sure. Soak up this quality time Anna. Your tank is FULL I'm sure. What a grand adventure for the kiddos to have alone time with Nana and Gramps. I know their lovin' every minute.

Kristen said...

Okay, you are officially the cutest couple in the southeast! I love that you are loving being together...part of me wishes we knew eachother in person and that we could just hop on down to that cool place and chill out and study and talk as couples...wouldn't that be so cool? Someday soon I hope!
K

Laura said...

so proud of you for taking the chance to really just ENJOY your husband. what a gift that is, and I'm glad you are taking it . . . and what rich time it will be for the grandparents and aunt, too, with the kids. have fun! :)