Monday, November 17, 2008

Grandparents Galore

This weekend we saw all our parents and grandparents. Dad came Friday night to stay with us. He and Sally met up here on Saturday morning before heading to the NC State game. Thankfully, the Wolfpack won their game against Wake Forest. I know Dad and Sally loved that. We enjoyed seeing them and having Dad stay with us and play for awhile.


Saturday afternoon, we headed to Shanda's home in Winston-Salem. There we had a dinner for Jan and Jerry to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. We stuffed ourselves and enjoyed honoring two of our favorite people. We are so thankful for them and their marriage!

My little family headed to King Saturday night to hang out with Mom and Annette. It was good to be back home and be fed so well. The kids had a ball and came home with lots of treats. We were able to visit my grandma and uncle Bob as well. Grandma is doing alright for now. We are so thankful for her.

So, now we are home. I am sitting beside three unpacked bags and three huge piles of clean laundry to fold. My heart is as full as those laundry baskets. It feels so good to love and be loved by family.

My dad and Kalen playing Guess Who


Celebratory dinner for Jan and Jerry

Jerry and Jan with our kids and a photo that Shanda and our family had framed for them.



Julian, Jan, Scott, and Maddie


Kalen and his Grandpa


Celebrating 40 years of marriage


Shanda, Jan, Madelyn, Scott, Kalen, Jerry, Julian and Brayden


Maddie and Shanda



Madelyn, mom, and Brady at my mom's house


Kalen and Julian enjoying Grandma's big backyard



Mads, Kalen, Brady and Jules at my grandma's house


Grandma with four of her great grandchildren

4 comments:

TS said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were. Great update.

Miss you! ~ Love you,
me

Jen said...

What a blessed weekend! I love being with family.

Jennifer said...

Are those not the best times in life! I love pictures of Evan with my grandparents and parents, I believe these are pictures they will one day treasure as I do mine. Glad you had a good time and got to come home to your King roots for a littel while:)

The Presnell's said...

I love all the new pics. The ladies in your family all look so much alike. :) I'm glad you had fun with your grandmother. Your kids looked like they had fun. :)