Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hopeful Day

I have been talking to my kids today a lot about what is going on in this nation's politics.  They are like little sponges and full of questions.  I enjoy sharing this day with them so much.  Scott and I talked last night about giving the kids a say in their homeschooling day today.  Scott suggested letting them pick their favorite five things they wanted to work on today.  This would be our little way of creating a sense of democracy with our homeschool.  They were very eager and sweet about picking out what workbooks or resources they wanted to use today.  They were much more driven, because they had a say in what was going on.  I hope to incorporate this more and more.  


Just a moment ago, I turned on the Today Show clip that I had recorded on Tivo from this morning.  It was a summary of sorts of the past year in politics.  It was cleverly put together and the kids did watch it.  Then, we got to watch Barack and Michelle Obama take their girls in with them to vote in Chicago.  The kids thought it was so funny that he would be voting for himself.  We also watched several scenes of voters across the nation waiting in lines to vote.  My kids related to that, because of waiting in our line just down the street at the elementary school where we voted.  

I may pop some popcorn and wear my newly stitched Obama shirt tonight with my pj pants as we watch the results.  This is super exciting!

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

I love it! Make one for us too!! Woo Hoo!