Tuesday, September 4, 2007

God is Green


*People say, "What good can one person do? What is the sense of our small effort?" They cannot see that we must lay one brick at a time. We can be responsible only for the one action of the present moment. But we can beg for an increase of love in our hearts that will vitalize and transform all our individual actions, and know that God will take them and multiply them, as Jesus multiplied the loaves and the fishes.*
~ Dorothy Day

I have been listening to some podcasts by Rob Bell. These have been recommended by my hubby and my brother. The last two I have listened to have been a part of a series called "God is Green". It is powerful. The sessions that Rob leads are full of tidbits of ideas of how to transform our minds into being connected to God and the Earth and not so . . . well consumed with consumption! Also, he has challenged me in the way I think about not only the cost of those things I buy and consume but the COST. If you have access to homegrownsunshine then you have access to downloading these life changing talks. Check it out. I have a link in my favorite sites to Mars Hill if you want to find it.

*by the way~ that is a Clover Butterfly up there

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll check it out. ...sounds amazing! I love most of the stuff Mars Hill puts out. Thanks for the tip.

much love, em