Saturday, September 1, 2007

So much to share






I literally could sit and come up with about 5 or 6 different posts right now. Life is full and rich.

Yesterday was a big and fun day for the 6 of us. We loaded up for a day trip to Clemmons to visit with Scott's mom, dad and sister. It would be the last chance for us to use the neighborhood pool before it is closed after Labor Day. We left early enough to enjoy some time at the Morrison home. It was so much fun. I absolutely love being in that home. Love just bounces from room to room. The amount of warmth can not be explained. I love my in-laws!

After lunch and before swim time at 4pm, I took off to see my grandma, by myself. Yes, by myself. It was a thirty minute car ride there and I enjoyed every mile. I got there and my mom met me in the driveway with a big hug. Oh, how I had longed to be there.

Grandma is doing a lot better. She is on the road to recovery. Every day is different and Friday was a "good one". I just enjoyed sitting by her chair and hearing her voice and touching her. I had been thinking of doing this for weeks. It is hard to get away to visit her with my four children and a hubby going back to school at UNC.

Mom, Bob (my uncle), and Annette have been doing a lot of home improvements to Grandma's house. I took a picture of Grandma in her newly cleaned and rearranged room. They all are doing a great job taking care of her. Mom is there most of the time, from 6am til 11pm. Her strength and service is amazing. She loves her "Ma".

I listened to story after story that Grandma told me, hanging on every word. Grandma, Mom and I, all cried at different times during the visit. It was a very overwhelming time. I didn't want to go, but I was so thankful I was able to share some precious moments with my sweet, sweet Grandma and Mom.

The kids were already at the pool when I returned. The rest of the evening was full of swimming, the kids jumping off the diving boards, and pizza. After we got the kids cleaned up and loaded up, we were off to Durham. They all conked out and Scott and I enjoyed a nice ride home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry I haven't commented in a while, i've been completely off line while vacationing at mom's for three weeks and then this week was full of getting us back in a routine and ready for school to start next week. I wanted to write a quick note and say how thankful I am that your grandmother is doing so well!! She looks great! What a blessing to have had the afternoon with her and your mom. Praise the Lord!

laurie said...

Anna, you look just radiant with your grandma! I can tell in your eyes as to how grateful and precious the time was with her. I'm glad you got to go.