Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This Week
















(when you hear me giggle and Madelyn laughing loudly, that is when a butterfly landed right on my chest. hee hee. )

I have discovered that there are several things for the kids and I to busy ourselves with around our new city. Yesterday, we prepared ourselves for an adventure to our neighborhood park. This is no small job. It is several minutes away and it does include crossing a busy road. I was quite proud as we took off. I was thankful that we have the freedom and availabliity to do such a neat thing in the middle of the day. The kids really like the park. It is quite wooded and there are a lot of squirrels hopping around overhead in the tall trees that covered us. We had a great time and a safe journey back home. It is an added bonus to get some real exercise in.

Madeyln has been working hard on learning to tie her shoes this week. It may seem like such a small thing, but to a 5 year old, it is huge! I took a picture of her yesterday, as she did it on her own for the first time.

Today, we revisited the Life and Science Center. It is free to Durham residents on Wednesday afternoon. Sweet Brayden sacrificed a nap for us and we had another grand time. Seeing the animals is such a thrill for us. The learning exhibits within the building are amazing as well. The butterfly house was a real treat. We actually were able to see some butterflies being released. They had just emerged from their chrysalises. Julian, Maddie and Kalen were all able to hold one or two. I had to drag Kalen out of there.

Scott is doing a fabulous job in his studies. It is quite a load. There is no doubt he will excel in this program. He is a hard worker and manages his time very well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved hearing ya'll laugh! It made me smile.

Unknown said...

Oh, that video was so great! I love hearing your laugh, too. Gavin and I enjoyed hearing every little sound:)