Monday, November 5, 2007

Back In The Saddle






Yesterday, I dusted off the ol' juicer and spent a great bit of time prepping for a little juicing. Our juicer was still all packed up from our move. It has been several months since I have attempted to get into the practice of juicing again. When I say juicing, I juice carrots, oranges, kale, celery or whatever we have in the fridge. I have gone through many periods of time within the last 6 or so years, when I have juiced daily or weekly. I believe it was my father-in-law that got Scott and I interested. At least I think that is how we turned towards this. We have been highly influenced to value juicing and eating a more raw diet by Dr. George Malkmus and Hallelujah Acres. There have been times that I have tried to do the whole raw diet. It would last a while but, I just love food too much. I love baking and just the whole art of cooking. Do I think a raw diet is the most healthy way to eat? Absolutely yes! Are we living that? Absolutely no.

I say all that to say that I still highly recommend juicing and I hope to make it a priority to get as much natural juice, straight from our veggies and fruit, into our bodies. Yesterday, after I had prepped the carrots and oranges, Julian actually did all the juicing. This is something that his is very familiar with. I think he started helping when he was three. He has developed a taste for carrot juice. My other kiddos have been much slower at developing a taste for it. I do put it in smoothies, as well. This is a good way to hide "the bite" of the carrots.

1 comment:

TS said...

Hallelujah Acres is a big client of David's. His company makes all of the signs, banners, etc.