Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall Party


Brayden with a new friend.




This was the little special vegan cake that Susann brough today for our little families to enjoy.


We made some of our favorite chocolate chip and banana muffins to take to the party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think I have posted much about joining a homeschool group here in Durham. This summer we found out about a group called Christian Home Educators Association of Greater Durham or CHEAGD. I went to a kick off meeting and found that it would be very beneficial for our family to tap into this network of people to get to know some families in our area.

Today, our homeschool group had a fall party. It was full of games, crafts and snacks. It was very well organized. I coordinated the snack part of the party and felt good about getting involved and communicating with members over email to plan for our time together today. One mom let me know that her family had a special diet. I think she was delighted to hear about our eating habits and ordered a special vegan chocolate cake for us to enjoy today. I thought that was so kind and sweet of her. This homeschooling mom, Susann, also brought vegan brownies, chips, pretzels, veggies, and dip. My kids aren't use to having a plate full of goodies at these types of gatherings. They could hardly believe it when Susann told them that the cake was vegan and they could have some. What a treat!

The kids had a lot of fun. It was so nice to be surrounded by other homeschooling families. It was simply refreshing. I was tickled to get to know some of the moms that were there with their kids. I actually walked away with some of their numbers and email addresses. Hooray!! I may have made some friends today!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is terrific! What a huge blessing. Yay!!!:)

Jennifer said...

congrats on meeting new people and making new friends. doesn't it feel like dating again---exchanging numbers and waiting to call:) that group looks very organized and so sweet to provide such an assortment of healthy foods. good job mamma!