Friday, November 16, 2007

Vegan Delights

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are."
~Adelle Davis

A question that I get, every so often, is "what do you eat?" I guarantee that we are not missing anything by not eating dead animals or dairy. I would say that I look forward to meals so much more now than I did when I was a carnivore. We eat a variety of meals that we have created ourselves and ones that we have picked up along the way.

Scott and I love to eat. Not eating the Standard American Diet (boo . . .)has allowed us to venture into unknown territories and be creative with our cooking. We both love the art of food preparation and presentation. As we started getting to know one another, Scott and I spent a lot of time cooking and experimenting with Vegetarian dishes.

I am sharing some pictures of dishes or what not that I have made in the last few weeks. I am growing more and more passionate about cooking and baking for my family. Many of the photos I am sharing are foods that I have made using my new cookbook by Sarah Kramer. (You know I am doing quite a bit of publicizing for this chic) I highly recommend the book.
Raspberry & Walnut Pancakes

This was this morning's French Toast

Sarah's Bran Muffins

This was a yummy Sunday lunch that Scott whipped up for just him and I. We could call it Scott's Snow Pea and Tofu Pasta.

This was yesterday's lunch for the kids. Super easy PB&J and celery with clementines

Another lunch for the kiddos with peanut butter and honey roll-ups, tater tots, and apples

Penne Pasta with Butternut Squash

Tortilla Soup

Biscuits with poppy seeds and oregano

This is Nutty Chili. We had this at my friend Jen's house years ago and really liked it. We love this chili that has sweet potatoes in it.

2 comments:

laurie said...

So....when can we come over for dinner? :-) They look yummy!

Kallie said...

Your presentation is beautiful. The food looks so delicious and healthy. You have sold me on this Sarah Kramer gal!