Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Gem






Eleven years ago when I met Scott, I was more than impressed. I was head over heels in love with this man and I still am falling. When I began to get to know this fine man, I knew he had a heart for family. I knew that he enjoyed the thought of having children.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this same man loving my children the way he does. He makes family a priority. He has the heart of each of our children. He seeks them out and connects with all of them on each of their levels. He is firm when needed. His forbearance is amazing, as well as his lightheartedness. I am so thankful that he wants to spend time with us. I imagine that some husbands come home and just plop down and watch the family interact around them. Not Scott, he is up and running and engaged.

Last night was so refreshing. He came home after a long day of classes and studying and we all ate together. The kids pretty much attack him after the meal and he plays right along. They all wanted a piece of their daddy and he made a point to connect with each of them. The look in their eyes was of pure joy and delight, as was in his.

It is obvious to me that Scott doesn't just want to walk through the motions of being a father. He wants to ride it out with intensities and meaning.

I am so thankful for his way with all of us. He is a gem.

~Scott, I love you. Have a wonderful day. Know that we are crazy about you and anticipate your arrival.

2 comments:

urban vegan said...

Always nice to see someone enjoying wedded bliss after the honeymoon. You & your family sound very happy.

I am also still head over heels with my husband--even after 14 years of togetherness.

TS said...

I can't believe you guys have been together this long. It seems like on yesterday I was crying my eyes out at your wedding. Congrats, and I wish you many more wonderful years!

**Please comment all you want on my page. It seems like our only form of communication these days. I enjoy reading your comments.

Love you!

Torie