Sunday, November 4, 2007

Clueless

Scott and I stayed up late last night finishing up a movie after spending some time reading. It was a wonderful evening. It was even better to not be woken up until 8am. This is a very rare occurrence.

We leisurely enjoyed our breakfast together and started getting ready to go to church. As I was cleaning up breakfast, I realized we only had like thirty minutes till we had to leave. I went into a semi-panic mode and scurried around the house trying to get six people ready for a morning at our church.

We left a little later than usual, but we were off. The first thing we do at church is take Kalen and Brayden to the Nursery. There is a wonderful system that they have established at Blacknall and we were cruising through it this morning with no problem. I did notice a difference in the amount of workers in Brayden's class and the fact that Kalen's class was joining in with another to do some singing, but I pressed on towards the sanctuary. I was amazed to find the sanctuary totally empty. It was really weird. I turned and walked back towards the nursery in hopes of finding Scott, Madelyn and Julian. I did find someone I knew and asked her what was going on this morning. As soon as I said that, I realized I forgot to change our clocks!!! We were at church during the Sunday School hour. I felt so embarrassed and sorry for my family. Beth and I had a good laugh and she helped me find Scott and the kids. Needless to say, we got a good laugh and the kids were able to enjoy Sunday School. Our day seemed so long and just plain weird. It was a good one, just weird.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Anna, we did the exact same thing the last time the time changed . . . only we ended up being late. We thought we were early for our regular service and as it turns out we missed our service and were a half hour early for the next service. AHH!!