Saturday, November 17, 2007

From Randall

My husband and I are fans of a musical artist by the name of Randall Goodgame. I want to share a bit from some of his blogging from some time ago.

*I was in a meeting today and as we were praying, I kept getting distracted. I was thinking about a song lyric and then about an email I needed to write and who knows what else. I tried to get back into the prayer and I drifted off again and I wanted to punch myself in the face with the question - "Why can't I concentrate?"

As I took my question to God, he gave me a brand new prayer.
Thank you, Father for how you've made me. Thank you that you are always at work calling me to you.
My concern was staying on task. His concern is the gaze of my heart. In my distractions, my weaknesses, is his true siren song, calling me to my death, that I might find life.

Very often, I will allow my small perspective to guide me into guilt or frustration or even depression because of how I seem to "fail." However, when we allow God to apply his perspective to our hearts, His peace gains a foothold.
That is, first, our end is secure. Second, our now is in his hands. And third, he loves us as we are, but is not content to leave us as we are.*

No comments: