Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007



Our Thanksgiving holiday was full of family time and eating, as it is for most Americans, I guess. I love having the chance to spend time with familiy, free from the hassel of work and various responsibilities.

We traveled to High Point, first, to spend time with all the Kirbys. We had a lot of fun there. Then, traveled to Clemmons to visit with Scott's side of the family. We were able to spend two nights with them and share a lot of laughs and meals with Jerry, Jan and Shanda. Saturday, we headed towards King to celebrate with My Mom, Annette, my brother & his family, my grandma and my Uncle Bob. The kids stayed busy as they played with various family members at each house. We were able to play outside and enjoy the fallen leaves and such. All our meals were delicious and it is such a treat to be catered to. Our families are so good about providing us with vegan food. Yum!

My Mom asked me if there was any reason the kids couldn't spend the night, on Saturday, and she could bring them to us on Sunday. I talked with Scott about it and we decided to indeed take her up on this unplanned freedom. It was odd driving away without them, but we decided to make the best of it. We don't ever do this. We were nervous and tense for the first 30 miles, probably. We were able to go out to a new restaurant in Carrboro and watch a movie. Today, we slept in until 10am!!! I have not done that since college, I guess. We have both worked hard today on various things. He has done school work and I have blasted the Christmas music and cleaned the house. The kids are on their way and I will be so excited to see them!

Needless to say, I am incredibly thankful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How nice:) The pictures are beautiful. I can't believe how big Grayson and Anna Katherine are....is that right? I just totally blanked on their daughter's name for some reason. ...sorry!

Maybe you can take advantage of free, reliable babysitters again soon..:)

I love you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

laurie said...

Beautiful pictures and looks liek great family time! Glad you were able to visit all your family in the Winston Area. Your grandma looks great..Way to stretch yourself with the alone time :-) Ya'll deserve it!