Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back to Boone








We made arrangements for Scott & the kids to stay with his parents this weekend, so I could visit one of my dearest friends in Boone.  Mandy turned 30 last week and gathered several of her buddies together at a mountain house in Boone.  Of course, I loved seeing Mandy and seeing a little bit of Boone, as well.  Mandy and I were college roomies about 11 years ago.  We have remained close ever since.    


There were four other friends of Mandy's there that I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting.  Joye, Amy (owner of the gorgeous mtn. house), Kay and Mary were such a joy to meet.  I believe that Mandy was truly honored as we rallied around her with encouragement, laughter, hiking, and good food.  Mandy was able to share a lot of her heart and I know, as a she is a lover of words, she enjoyed the feedback and was truly gifted by the love shown towards her.  

The view from this house was spectacular.  We were able to look right out over the deck to see Grandfather Mountain.  The sunset was gorgeous.  I felt like I could breath deeply again.  

I am so thankful for how Scott, his parents, and sister all worked together to care for our children.  I know how much hard work it takes.  They had lots of fun and I never, for a minute, worried about them.  I enjoyed the break and I am refreshed going into a new week.

I returned a little earlier than expected to visit my grandmother in the hospital.  She had a heart attack this weekend.  I was so upset, but relieved when I was able to get to her and hug her neck.  She is stable and doing alright.  There are several tests still to take.  My heart is with her this evening.  
  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your gram! I pray for peace and healing over her body.

Lastly, what a blessing the pictures are of your time with Mandy. It blesses me to see you two together. She looks amazing. Happy Birthday Mandy!