Monday, January 7, 2008

Backyard Bird Feeders







This morning the kids and I started back with a more structured morning with homeschooling.  We had a devotion about respecting and taking care of God's creation, the nature that surrounds us.  As a way of caring for and delighting in our environment close to our home, we made some bird feeders.  

We gathered pine cones, tied a string to them, covered them with peanut butter and sprinkled and pressed in some birdseed.  We hung them in our backyard and look forward to seeing our backyard birds enjoy them.  

Today was a gorgeous day.  It is so unreal to be in the 70's here in Durham.  We all changed clothes a couple of times.  The kids ended up with flip flops and shorts by noon.  I keep thinking of what the temperature would be in Boone.  Although I miss Boone terribly, I love the warmth I was able to feel and play in today.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, Anna. I'm one of Chrystal Bachmann's friends who reads your blog! I LOVE the idea of the Laugh Jar and I am definitely going to do this. I am going to blog about this idea, too,, for my mommy-friends but I will give you the credit:) Thanks for the great idea!!

You have an adorable family!

Angela said...

Great idea!!! Looks like lots of fun!!! :-)

Angela

www.homeschoolblogger.com/thomasjaz1999