Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cookie Recipe

I gave out this recipe earlier today to a couple of friends.  I thought I would go ahead and post it.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c softened Earth Balance (can get this at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or other health food store)
1 c sugar ( I use raw sugar)
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs ( my egg substitute for eggs is 1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp of water then mix~ so you would do this two times then add to creamy mixture)
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cups flour ( I use unbleached white)
1 tsp salt ( I use sea salt)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of choc chips (sometimes I use less)

*can add 1 c chopped walnuts or shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 375.  Cream together softened Earth Balance, sugars, egg substitute (already mixed), and vanilla till fluffy.  Combine flour, salt and baking soda and stir into creamed mixture.  Stir in choc chips.  Add walnuts or coconut if desired.  Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Makes 6 dozen cookies.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yummy - this sounds great! My mouth waters every time I see the kids making these yummy cookies:) We'll give it a try.