Thursday, February 7, 2008

Highlight of Week

The highlight of my week has been getting my kids & I out of our house and interacting with other families.  This is not something that comes easy to a homebody like myself.  We've been to parks, the museum, the planetarium, but more importantly . . . we've made friends!


I have met several wonderful women & their families since we moved here.  I am incredibly thankful to be getting closer to some these women and getting to know their kids and husbands.  

Last Friday, we were able to have dinner at my friend Kim's house.  It was delightful.  Her family is so easy to be with.  They also homeschool and have such a sweet story.

This week, I have been meeting up with another friend, Andrea, frequently here and there. They are coming over for dinner tomorrow night.  The husbands have not met.  Andrea is genuine.  I enjoy her company and look forward to getting together with her and her family more and more.    

Julian had a friend over today.  His name is Payton.  They had a lot of fun, just palling around.  They are the same age.  I met his mom through our homeschooling group.  Lisa and I chat every week or so.  She is a neat person and has four kids as well.  

I am so grateful to have these new found friends.  It is so hard to move away from those familiar faces that I was so accustomed to seeing and sharing life with.  I am hopeful about coming alongside these friends as we share the journey through motherhood & such.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girlfriend- venturing out confidently. You are such a gem of a woman I can only imagine other ladies wanting to get to know this super cool Morrison family!

Thanks for the tofu scramble & the bag info.! I look forward to diving into those. Your a great teacher!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news! Praise the Lord for sending these new friends. I pray they will be friends that challenge and encourage you. We love you and look forward to the day (with great hope) we get to be in your inner circle again:)