Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Valentine's Day

If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
Mother Teresa


Our Valentine's Day started out wonderfully with a pancake breakfast. This is a Morrison family tradition. The kids and I decorated the table last night. We had chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries. Yum.  Our family loves big breakfasts.  My friend, Andrea, brought us some flowers last week, so I was able to actually have a centerpiece. So lovely.

Scott went to school and we quickly got started on our homeschooling for the morning. Then, after lunch, Madelyn and Julian had a play date at Payton's house. Payton has two younger brothers, Jordan and Blake and a little sister Madison. They are a delightful family and live very close to us. Lisa dropped off Blake here at our home to play with Kalen and Brayden. Kalen was so tickled to have his own friend over to play with. They got along so well.

This evening we made pizzas and had cake. The pizza turned out really well, the cake is ugly but tasty.

Now, Scott and I will have some much needed alone time with one another.

Happy Valentine's Day!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love that tradition. That's a great idea. I may add that to our list of traditions...:) Happy Valentine's sweet friend. I love you.