Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Favorite Verses

I have low days like anyone else.  Days when I just want to crawl back in bed, curl up and be alone for the next twelve hours.  Days when I don't have the right attitude, when I am quick to anger, moody and ill.  Days when I feel weary.  When four sets of eyes are watching my every move, it seems, it can be a little much.

It is a comfort to know that I am not on my own.  With the challenges that come with each day, I am not alone.  I can get so overwhelmed with life.  Overwhelmed with the responsibilities that come with being a wife, a mother, a daughter, sister, friend and child of God.  There are moments when I have to just drop to my knees and verbally say,   "I can't do this on my own, Lord, I need you.  Help me. I need YOU.  I NEED YOU . . . I NEED YOU!"  In that brokenness, God is able to teach me over and over again that He never sleeps.  He is my keeper.  

Psalm 121:1-8
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
from where will my help come?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
4 He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
8 The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time on and for evermore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, sweet friend.