Friday, February 22, 2008

My Sub

I didn't even have to call in sick.  I had a substitute teacher this morning.  Last night, Scott was talking with me and mentioned his idea of me going out this morning and letting him take over. Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed the thought of a morning out.  This doesn't come often with Scott's schedule.  I immediately accepted and did in fact have some alone time this morning.


I went to a fun cafe in Durham called Madhatters.  It is a cute little bakery right next to Duke. I felt hip walking in the the joint.  Scott goes there frequently to read and study.  I sat at my little table and read VegNews and my book, Shepherding a Child's Heart, wrote a letter, crocheted and prayed.  It was glorious.  Just to have some uninterrupted moments was the greatest gift. It was just a few hours, but for me, such a luxury.  

I love it that my husband wanted to serve me and love on me today.  I enjoy the fact that he wants to be home and spend time with his children.  His presence at home is like the sweetest honey to my children.   

Thank you, Scott.  Your gift was thoughtful, intentional and loving.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Scotty!! What a sweet gift to your whole family. ...I love the Morrison's

Jennifer said...

Wait a minute. Scott, you need to cut this out right now. If word gets around I am in big trouble! J/K, well done.

daniel