Saturday, February 2, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go










Last night I got an itch.  I wanted to see my Mom and Grandma.  It just so happened that Scott had several seminars planned today.  I decided to travel to King and Rural Hall for the day.  

Our trip was so enjoyable.  We were able to visit for a good bit of the day at my Mom's house with her and Annette.  We had a yummy lunch, played and rested.  Mom also showed me many of the things that she has been crocheting.  This is just one of her hobbies, that I too enjoy.  She inspires me.

We went to my grandma's house this afternoon.  It was so good to see her sitting in her chair when I walked through the door.  She is doing alright.  Everyday is different for her.  She continues to roll with the punches.  It meant so much just sit with her.  I miss her so much when I am not with her.  We share a special bond, always have.  

We are back in Durham now and the kids are all tucked away in their beds.  Now, I get some time with my man.  Such a sweet Saturday.

No comments: