Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Proof of Life

The children and I walked outside on one of these beautiful 60 degree days, and I asked them to walk with me to find some evidence of living things in nature.

Madelyn was our photographer. Julian was our leader. Kalen was our talker. Brayden was our little scout, following faithfully with stick in hand.

As you could guess, one of first things we find was some sort of poop. Julian decided that it has to be from a deer or rabbit. Kalen quickly reminded him that it could have been from our pet opossum.

The kids found many things like feathers, cat hair, holes, and a bird's nest. They also took some time to draw some things that they had seen on our walk.


This is the only time you will see poop on my blog. Promise.






2 comments:

Lesley and Jason said...

Hi Anna.

I am one of Jennifer's friends and periodically look at your blog to see what you and your beautiful family are up to. I am also from Boone and miss it dearly.

My husband and I both think that you took a photo of white-tailed-deer scat (i.e., poop). We don't know much about mammals, but that is what it looks like to us. We have also never seen opossum scat.

Keep being a wonderful mom and teacher. I am very impressed with how you keep them busy and learning.

I also love your recipes.

Lesley (mom to Alder and wife to Jason)

Unknown said...

Oh, this is so great! What a wonderful science lesson:) The drawings are magnificent, too!