Monday, February 11, 2008

Look Mom!

When I was at my Mom's house a week or so ago, she taught me about this method of knitting that she has been into. She has taught me all that I know in regards to crocheting and I was up for any new thing she had to teach me. She showed me how to knit, using a round loom. There are many different shaped loops. You can make all sorts of things. It truly is a fun way to knit that dates back to the 1700s.


I don't have a lot of spare time here at home. But ten minutes here and ten minutes there, really add up. In one week, I made a hat! It was easy. I can't wait to make more things. I just called Mom and she said she made Maddie a pancho. Shh . . . it is for Valentine's Day. :)

We all had fun trying on the hat.










3 comments:

Chrystal said...

Very cool! I love the hat!! What a great skill to have. Is there anything you can't do, Anna??

Unknown said...

so cute!!

Jennifer said...

way to go anna. I've always wanted one of those looms. I tried to make a few hats several years ago and failed miserably. They are so hard to get sized right. I'm still making tons of wash rags.