Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jules




Julian has been mastering some skills here at home.  He has become quite good at creating things with the K'NEX.  I highly recommend K'NEX.  They are good for little engineers like Julian especially.  Madelyn and Kalen enjoy them as well.  

He has also been enjoying drawing dragons.  He checked out a book from the library that shows him how to draw them, step by step.  He amazes me with how he can use detail with his pictures.  

These are two main gifts that I see in Julian's life right now.  He is good at quite a bit more, but I see these as his strengths.  Author Zan Tyler speaks of how a child is bent.  She writes about how we, as parents & teachers, should consider and build upon the learning styles, talents and interests a child already has.  I agree totally.  

2 comments:

TS said...

That is an awesome drawing!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Way to go, Julian! That is really impressive:)

I completely agree, also, about the importance of identifying and encouraging our children's natural "bent".