Monday, June 9, 2008

Anna Joins the 21st Century

You can call me "cool" now.  I have now joined the rest of the millions of Americans that own cell phones.  Years ago, I would have laughed if you told me that one day I would be the proud owner of a "cell".  I am just getting to the point where I don't despise them.  I have never really needed one and never could have afforded to own one.  


We decided that it would actually be cheaper for me to have a cell phone and get rid of our land line.  We took the troops to the mall and headed for the Verizon shop.  We checked out the phones and spoke with a kind salesman about which one is best.  I took our antsy kids out to walk around and Scott continued to purchase my phone.  The salesman asked Scott who the phone was for.  Scott told him, "It is for my wife."  The salesman said, "What plan is she on now?"  Scott said, "She doesn't have a plan and she never has."  The salesman then said, "Does she know it is 2008?"  Ha Ha Ha.  

So, you can call me "hip", "cool", or "up with the times".  Or  . . . just call me!  :)

4 comments:

TS said...

You really crack me up.

Jen said...

So funny!!! I needed to laugh, Thanks!

The Presnell's said...

I second Torie's comments. :) You were so hip in HS, what happened to you, ahah! JK!!! I still don't have an Ipod. I think I'm the only person alive who doesn't have one, ahah!

Gretchen said...

I hope you love your new phone! Does Scott have one, too, or is your phone the "family" phone? You know, Barry often loves his "cousin chat time" and will want to know how to get in touch with him. I was actually just comparing iPod prices because I don't have one yet. I have been borrowing Ashley's every time I go out for a jog for over a year now. So, I suppose I am in the same boat with your friend Terry. There are at least two of us without iPods, although I am planning to get myself off that list tomorrow. This could be a BIG WEEK for both of us, Anna! ha ha