Friday, June 13, 2008

Special Night



Tonight, Scott took Julian and Kalen to a friend's house for the evening.  Madelyn and I had planned one of our famous "special nights", as the boys were away.  We giggled with anticipation as we put Brady to bed.


Maddie and I scurried around getting everything we needed.  We gathered UNO cards, curlers, crayons, a coloring book, two shades of fingernail polish, a Madeline video, her favorite stuffed animal, and our mugs full of decaf coffee.  Yes, my daughter likes coffee. :)  

We had done this before.  It is a sweet time for just Madelyn and I to be together.  With all that goes on from day to day, it is hard to have one on one time with the kids.  I hope to do this with the boys as well.  

My time with Madelyn tonight was so sweet.  Girl time is so much fun!  We giggled and chatted for the entire hour and a half.  I enjoyed the candidness of those moments we were sharing.  I kept telling her how much I enjoy spending time with her.  She beamed.  I was reminded how much I need to tell my children how much they mean to me and then show them by connecting with them.  

I am so thankful for my little girl.  She has a sparkle in her eye that speaks to me.  Maddie knows how to be joyful.  She truly is a light to our family.  Tonight, she shined brightly before me.   

7 comments:

Jen said...

So sweet. I can't wait for those times with Elise. So often I take my blessings for granted. What a special way to reconnect through the hussle and bussle of everyday life.

laurie said...

OH Anna, that reminds me of our girl nights at Kimberly Drive! I'm am so glad you have a sweet little girl to spend time with. I'm sure you both will cherish those times forever!

Unknown said...

what a treasure!! Those are the times she'll remember for the rest of her life - and know that she is loved.

it must be said that she is WAY too cute for her own good!! that first picture?!!! those big blue eyes?!! mm, mm, mm....daddy better get a gun! hahaha

Unknown said...

So sweet!! I love girl time with my girls!!

TS said...

This is why I need a daughter.

Gretchen said...

I can't help but think about how these special moments will add to Maddie's sense of security and what it means to be loved. It is awesome to think about how these moments now, in 2008, will effect your future generations for years to come. Maddie, and all of your gorgeous children, will know what it means to love and be loved, that God loves them, and that family comes first. So many blessings will come out of this purposeful parenting as they grow, marry, and raise their own sweet families. It is such a joy to watch you and Scott raise your children. (It seems like you just called to tell me that you were pregnant with Jules.) To quote one my spunky second grade students, "Your ROCK, Mrs. Morrison!" You really do, Anna!!!

Jennifer said...

oHHH I want a little girl!
I want to see what her hair looked like after those curlers, she is a beautiful little girl. I agree with the gun comment heehee.