Saturday, June 21, 2008

Meals Served at Annie's Diner

I thought I would give you a glimpse of what came out of our vegan kitchen this week.  These are just some of the foods we ate.  The meal plan worked wonderfully.  I am already working on next week's plan.  

This was the non-kiddy version of Pizza Night


I tried a new recipe for granola bars that I found recently at a friend's house.  They were thick and great!


Here was one of our breakfasts this week.  These are Poor Boy Pancakes (toast, peanut butter, peaches and syrup).  I got this idea in college from one of my roommates (it was you, Em, right?).  So good!


This was our Taco meal.  


One day this past week, the kids and I had smoothies and peanut butter crackers.  We do this a lot.  The smoothie consisted of Apple Juice, frozen strawberries, mangos and blueberries, a spoonful of homemade strawberry jelly, and Vanilla Soymilk.

 
This was our Baked Chili with Cornbread Topping.  I had never tried it.  My mother-in-law had served it to us before and I loved it.  I love cornbread.  It is a southern thing and I love it!  We had our friend, Griff, over the night I fixed it and we had plenty.    Griff referred to it as Tamale Pie.  That sounds better.


This is our Sweet Potato Fajita meal.  I got this recipe from my friend, Mandy.  It is a healthy meal.  The salsa on top consists of green peppers, pears and onions.  Inside there is just vegan cream cheese, sweet potato wedges and black beans.  Simple really.  


Here's my little kitchen helper.  Isn't he such a cutie?  I am thinking maybe a chef at a five star vegan restaurant in New York one day.  Dream big, right?


I have been trying to bake bread more often.  This is one kind that I attempted this week.  It is a Banana-Muesli Whole Wheat Bread.  It was hearty and good.  We ate it this morning with Steel Cut Oats.  




4 comments:

The Presnell's said...

You inspired me to do meal plans for the week too. So, we're going to the grocery store today and buying all the food for those meals this week. :) What's in your baked chilli? You need to post a little recipe for all these dishes too. :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe you remember the po'boy pancakes (I love that you added peaches...yum)!!! hahaha memories:)

I'm AGAIN inspired. Jenny and I always do a menu for the upcoming week, but you've given me some great ideas. The sweet potato burritos sound awesome!!

Amanda said...

Mmmmmmm - Yummy! I think I am going to try some of these recipes and ideas. I'll keep you posted. I don't know if I have told you, but I am always on the lookout for vegan recipes. In a way, I have a vegan diet because I don't eat red meat (can't digest it!) and am lactose intolerant. And pretty much the only meat I eat is fish. Since I have changed to this diet (unfortunately, not by choice), I have felt so much better. All that to say that I always enjoy a vegan recipe because I know it works with my diet. Thank you!

Jennifer said...

Love these!! I would also like to see some recipes to go along with the pics. I was wanting the granola one. And I think I will have to try those poboy pancakes! Have a good week,