Monday, June 30, 2008

Rain Barrel & More From Saturday

I have to report about our new rain barrel.  Scott met a guy at the Durham Farmer's Market that was making and selling rain barrels a little cheaper than Whole Foods.  They are still pricey, so we considered this one of Scott's birthday presents.  He really has been wanting an additional one.  Once the first barrel fills up, it sends the water that is overflowing threw the tube to the second one.  You would be amazed at how much pours out of our gutter from our roof.   

Thankfully, last night, we had a major rain.  Both barrels are completely full.  :)  We use this water to water our garden and our other outside plants & bushes.  It is a neat way to conserve.



Saturday's harvest


Kalen, Brady & Julian


This was our Lasagna Meal

7 comments:

The Presnell's said...

OMG, yum!! It looks so good. My tomatos are growing so much too! I have a lot of green ones. I also have 17 plants, YIKES!!

Anna said...

Hi Anna. Thanks for the note on my page. It's always fun to connect with fellow bloggers. Your family is beautiful! Those blue eyes blew me away!

P.S. I love you name! :-)
Keep in touch and have a wonderful week!
Anna

Anna said...

Ok, just scrolled down the page further. I get where the blue eyes came from. Couldn't see in the smaller pictures before! Haha!

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out the rain barrel kits at http://www.aquabarrel.com - you can get a larger overflow port from them - cause when those barrels fill you'll need a place for the overflow to go - They also have downspout filters and downspout diverters

Unknown said...

yum! ....very cool barrels!

Kristen said...

Hey...do you think we could do rain barrels in Wenatchee? Our climate is so super dry here (whew! Its 102 today!) but we get loads of snow too. Where can I find out about doing this in our climate?

A Photo by Ashley said...

You always inspire me! I LOVE coming here and reading your blogs! I LOVE the picture near the pond... adorable! Hope all is well!