Sunday, June 8, 2008

Party Hopping

Friday we went to my in-laws house.  It was party time because they just finished six months worth of remodeling.  They had several rooms painted and their entire kitchen redone.  It looks so nice!  I was in awe.  I already loved their home, now . . . I just can't wait to return.  

We headed to their neighborhood pool for some swimming time.  We all had so much fun.  I dove off the diving board.  I hadn't done that in so long.  I felt like a kid.  Scott didn't know I could do it.  Isn't that funny?  I may be 30, but I can still have fun!  It was hot.  The water felt great.  What a treat it was to return to a pot of delicious tortilla soup.  Yum!  The family time was so refreshing, as always with the Morrison clan.

Saturday we headed to my nephew's birthday party.  Grayson just turned three.  What a cutie!  Stephanie ordered him this 3-dimensional Thomas the train cake.  It was something.  That little guy loves his trains.  He is growing up so fast.  I love him so much.

We rested as we rode to yet another get together.  Our friend, Garrett, was having a birthday party as well.  The kids were able to hang out in his backyard with one of those big blow up, jumpy things.  They live in the country.  It was beautiful being amongst all that beauty.  I am a small town girl.  I love the country atmosphere.  

Whew.  We did it, survived and thrived.  :)










2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Anna & Scott! I connected to your blog through Emily's blog. Your kids are beautful! Glad you are all doing well!
Melanie

Gretchen said...

WOW - please tell Janet that I LOVE her new kitchen! Ya know, the first time I went to their house (1994) she had just had her kitchen updated. Time certainly does fly by! One thing remains the same - the entire Morrison clan in NC remains my favorite! Thank you for extending my love to your beloved in-laws for me.