Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Creative Father's Day Cards

I have used Ed Emberley's book several times to make cards.  You make thumbprints into people or things.  The kids have tried it a time or two.  It is super cute.

I am not accustomed to buying Hallmark cards anymore.  I think creating cards can be personal and super inexpensive.  I do love getting any kind of card; Hallmark, DaySpring, homemade or whatever. I am a lover of words.  Personally, I just find it fun and cheap to make my own cards.  They may not be the neatest or most perfect things, but they are from the heart.  



Lately, I have been cutting out words and/or pictures from magazines to make cards. I did this for a Father's Day card for Scott. I have tons of magazines. It is a neat way to reuse them.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very creative!! I love the cards.. sweet!

Unknown said...

very cool! What a great idea. We make our own cards, too....but they look NOTHING like that!! hahaha

I'm inspired!

Jules said...

You are so, so creative! I love reading your blog and then stealing your ideas. And Ed Emberley's stuff is lots of fun!

laurie said...

Super cute!!! I really like the whole family one...now my brain is a stirrin' for expressions to put on my family's face. Love you!

Kristen said...

I love that thumbprint book! My mom actually had that book in her home when I was a kid and I came across it on her bookshelves about a year ago...I'm inspired to go swipe it and use it with the kids. What a great idea to make cards like this...guess what we'll be doing in the morning? :)

Jennifer said...

I love em!! Those are great. We make our own too. I agree I would rather get and give homemade, it means more esp. to the nana's and papa's :)

Chrystal said...

Super creative!! How do you have time for all of this?? You're amazing!