Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back Home to King

This weekend the kids and I headed back to my hometown, King. One of my best friends from high school, Elizabeth, was to have a baby shower on Saturday.  Mom said she and Annette would help out with the kids, so I decided to stay for the weekend. 


I was also able to visit with two of my friends from King, Laurie and Torie. We sat for hours just catching up. We missed our fourth buddy, Gari Leigh, her daughter was sick. We still get together every 6 months or so. Laurie is about to pop any day. She is having a baby girl, her second,  within the next few weeks. Torie brought her little boy, Eli. What a cutie.  I am so thankful that my girls and I from back home still get together and spend time with one another.  

The kids played and played at Mom's house. They get so creative with her. There is never a dull moment.

Saturday afternoon I went to Elizabeth's baby shower. As a woman, what's better than going to a baby shower.  You get to eat, gab, give a gift and watch someone you love open gifts for a long time. She opened gifts the entire 2 hours. Needless to say, she left with quite a loot. It was good to see her family and several people I had not seen in a long time.  It is such a delight to be a part of the life of a friend that is pregnant and entering into parenthood.  It is like our friendship goes on to another level.  We can relate to one another all the better.  Elizabeth and I get along great.  We lost touch over the years, we reconnected at her wedding and are closer now. I just love her easy going personality and humor.  I look forward to meeting her new little one in May.  

It is fun going back home.  There is so much I miss about not living in a small town like King.  As I was home this time I noticed more all the pastures, farms, tiny back roads, quiet nights, kind waves throughout town from perfect strangers, and of course that southern accent.  

All the while, this weekend, Scott plugged away at a paper that is due this upcoming week.  He'll be done with classes in a couple of weeks.  

This is Kalen and my Mom having a cute moment.

Brady and Maddie having a couple pretzels on Grandma's comfy couch.


This is Eli and Torie at the coffee shop.


Laurie and Torie




Torie & I


This is Elizabeth.  To all those that asked her how she was doing, 
she said, "I'm ready." :)  She's having a baby girl, Emery Anne.


Elizabeth & I 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sweet! I'm so glad you had such a terrific time. Being with old friends is a priceless gift.