Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Trader Joe's

The kids and I shopped at our local Trader Joe's store in Chapel Hill today. It is a fun grocery store that is not of the norm. It sells natural and organic products. I thought I would show you some of the things that we picked up today. I am curious about what others purchase on their weekly trips to the store. So, I thought, well, I will share what we bought.  The photos here are not all we bought, I had already put many things in the refrigerator before taking photos. Inevitably, I will return to Whole Foods or Trader Joes within the week to buy more food for our family.  This happens when you buy food that doesn't have artificial preservatives in it.  This is also a result of having many mouths to feed.  


I often get comments like, "What does your family eat?" Well, here's a visual. :)  Jen and Daniel, if you look closely in the first photo, you'll see a box of Jo Jo's.  








5 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy:) We get a lot of the same things! that's neat:) Your influence has been very valuable!

TS said...

Got any yummy ideas that use avocado. That is new veggie/fruit to try out this month. I am trying to find the best combo. Not a big fan so far.

Anna Morrison said...

Torie~ we spread avocado on toast, slice up and put on salads, slice and top our chili with it, and make guacamole.
This is usually how I make my guacamole . . .
Mash avocado in a bowl, add diced onions and tomatoes, add a little fresh diced cilantro, lemon or lime juice, garlic and chili powder. It is delicious!

Kallie said...

I too have been curious as to what other families are eating. After 6 years of being a mother I still have yet to figure out the grocery shopping thing. I ALWAYS go over my budget and the cupboards are almost always bare by the end of the week. My kids eat constantly- all day long, and I'm not exaggerating. We dream of having a small farm someday, but I am starting to think it will be a necessity!

Gretchen said...

Trader Joe's is one of our favorite grocery stores, too! Unfortunately, I did not allow myself to buy any Jo Jo's last weekend, but now have a very strong craving for them! YIKES!
Bon Apetite!